Saturday, December 5, 2015

How to ride a donkey

We've lived here four years and in that time I've seen a lot of sights which have amazed and surprised me.  I keep thinking at some point, I'll be as oblivious as the people around me. 

We went to Gelibolu this morning to get groceries. The kids and I walked from the Pazaar to Kipa and saw this gentleman crossing the four lane road on his donkey.



You should notice than there is traffic.  He is sitting side saddle and what he has in his right hand is not reins but a riding crop which he uses on the side of the donkey's head to turn it left or right.  For our farm friends notice that he is wearing pretty nice shoes, a suit jacket and a dress shirt.




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You should try it too sometime! I'll come take the pictures then ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!