Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby it's cold inside

We've been enjoying some lovely fall weather.  The sun shines and though the wind is cool; we haven't had much rain. I usually walk every day and most days I come home with my jacket tied around my waist!

We have power outages everyday. Often it's out for five minutes or less, but it's not unusual to have five to ten of these outages each day.  It can be frustrating if laundry or computer work is a priority. Cam's work supplied him with an external power supply which is a big battery you can plug things into.  It gives us a couple of hours of wifi and in a pinch will run the kettle.

Yesterday and today our power was out from about 9:30 a.m until 5:00 p.m. Those were two very long very cold days, because we rely on electricity for heat.  My walk warmed me up temporarily, but I resorted to blankets and mittens at one point in the house! Thankfully our cook top is fuelled with bottled propane so we managed a hot lunch and got supper started on top of the stove.  Now that the power is on, laundry is restarted and all the heaters are running taking the chill off the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!