Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back in Turkey

We arrived back to Turkey last Friday.  I brought Sam and Nicole back with me.  Johanna is working in Canada and plans to come in November.

The three months in Canada were very busy.  Someone asked if I was glad to be home.  I like the idea of being home, but honestly, being on the road everyday in a vain attempt to make up for all the months we've been gone, is ridiculous.  But that's what I do.  I overschedule myself and the children and I try to squeeze in everything and everyone.  I return to Turkey with as big a list as the one I left Turkey with, but this new list is filled with regrets; all the people I didn't see, all the places I didn't go,  all the things I left behind in Canada because they wouldn't fit in my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!